- STOPstart of Cambodia (Recycled rice bag products and Hagar Design fabric handbags) - As of June 1, Better Way Imports has become the importer and distributor (retail and wholesale) of STOPstart products. Bill and Joanna Leep, founders of BWI, have a very similar heart and vision to ours and are excited to take this relationship with STOPstart to the next level.
- Fuente de Pino of Nicaragua (Pine Needle Baskets, Trivets, Ornaments) - We have transitioned the relationship to Teri Anderson, owner of New Beginnings on Bay in Beaufort, SC. Teri has been retailing baskets from both Nicaragua and Guatemala for a number of years and is looking forward to having an additional source of supply.
- ThaiWeave of Thailand (Placemats) - Our relationship with our Thai weavers has transitioned to Marisa Sellman of The Marketplace in Cornelius, NC. Recognizing that our weavers have a strong weaving heritage, Marisa is excited about the possibility of developing and importing other types of woven work from ThaiWeave.
- Alisim Glass Studio of Kenya - We actually had transitioned this relationship to Venture Imports a couple of years ago when we discovered that VI specializes in working with artisans from Kenya and importing their products. Because Simon actually produces glass beads for some of their other artisans, it was a natural fit! (www.ventureimports.com)
- Sospeter's Horn and Beauty by Eunice of Kenya - Unfortunately we have lost contact with both of these individual artisans.
- Honduran Treasures - Our discovery of a significant discrepancy in Fair Trade philosophy between ourselves and our (American) contact with the HT artisans unfortunately made it necessary for us to part ways. We wish the artisans well and trust that they've found other venues in which to sell their products.
- Peace Handicrafts of Cambodia (ornaments) - The Hinrich Foundation (www.hinrichfoundation.com) has worked with Peace Handicrafts for years and was actually OUR intermediary. They continue to market PH products worldwide.
- VillageWorks of Cambodia (Kroma scarves) - We've discovered that SERRV has been investing in VillageWorks! VW products will now be available through SERRV! (www.serrv.org)